Below are a few of the many issues our office can assist with, and where you can find more information. If you have an issue or request that you do not see below, it is likely that our office will still be able to help you, or direct you to the proper state agency. Simply contact us by calling or visiting our office.

How do I become a Notary Public?

To be eligible to become a Notary Public in New Jersey you must be: a resident of New Jersey; or a resident of an adjoining state that regularly works in New Jersey or maintains an office here; and 18 years of age or older. Notary Public applications require a $25 fee (plus $5 convenience fee if filing online), plus an additional $15 fee paid to your County Clerk upon completion of your Oath of Office. (Note to those who are renewing Notary commissions: the renewal application will ask for your "commission number," which is a 7-digit number. It may also be referred to as your "ID number" on your existing paperwork. If you do not have your commission number, you can call (609) 292-0642).

Click here to download a Notary Public application.

Click here to apply for Notary Public registration online.

A notary application requires the endorsement of a state Legislator. If applying online, we will notify you as soon as we have endorsed your application. If applying with a physical application, you may drop off or mail your application, along with the $25 registration fee, to our office at 802 West Park Avenue, Suite 221, Ocean Township, NJ 07712. We will endorse the application and forward it, along with the payment, on to the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Click here for more information about Notary Public.


What is the Savings for Our Seniors (S.O.S.) Program?

S.O.S. is a program run by our office that helps seniors determine which financial relief programs they might be eligible for. Simply fill out a brief form, and Constituent Services Representatives from our office will identify State programs you could be eligible for. Programs include property tax relief, transportation aid, utilities relief, and more.

Click here for more in formation about the Savings for Our Seniors Program.


What property tax relief programs am I eligible for?

New Jersey has several property tax relief programs that you may be eligible for, including Senior Freeze and the ANCHOR. Information about these and other programs can be found on the New Jersey Division of Taxation website.

Click here to view New Jersey's property tax relief programs.

If you discover you are eligible for any of these programs, contact our office and we can mail you an application or additional materials, or help you through the application process. You may also contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility.


How do I obtain or renew a New Jersey driver's license?

To obtain or renew a driver's license you must prove your identify by passing a 6 Point ID Verification. If you are unable to meet the point requirement due to a lost or misplaced document, you can contact us and we will attempt to work with the Motor Vehicle Division to obtain the required verification.

There are four requirements for the 6 Point ID Verification:

  • At least one Primary ID (such as a birth certificate, passport, or current NJ diver's license)
  • At least one Secondary ID (such as a college ID with transcript, current driver's license from another state, or marriage certificate)
  • A verifiable Social Security Number
  • Proof of address (such as a bill or pay stub)


How do I arrange a tour of the State House in Trenton?

Those wishing to arrange a tour of the State House for a groups of 10 or more, such as a class or organization, can make their reservation on the New Jersey Legislature site or by calling our office at (732) 695-3371. Tours are approximately one hour in length.

Click here to reserve a tour of the New Jersey State House.

Tour times are Monday through Friday on the hour from 10:00am to 3:00pm and on the first and third Saturday of each month on the hour from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Reservations are not needed for groups of less than 10 people.

If you wish to have one of the Assembly Members present at  your tour, to give your group a special look into how the General Assembly works, please notify our office at least one month in advance.


How do I request a Resolution honoring an individual or organization?

A Ceremonial Resolution is an honor conferred upon those who have contributed significantly to their community and whose deeds it would be proper for the Legislature to acknowledge.

If you know of an outstanding individual or local organization who you wish to honor with a Resolution from the New Jersey Legislature, contact our office at least 3 weeks prior to when you will need the Resolution. We will require some materials detailing the specific reason for honoring that particular individual/organization.